Asparagus Ribbon Salad with Crumbled Pancetta and Parmesan
This fresh, no lettuce salad celebrates the flavors of summer with asparagus ribbons, sweet corn, and vine ripe tomatoes. The flavorful vegetables pair perfectly with savory crumbled pancetta and freshly grated parmesan. This asparagus ribbon salad is also great for making ahead and the hearty ingredients won’t wilt in the simple white wine vinaigrette dressing.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3 cups
- Category: Salad
- 0.5 ounce of pancetta
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels
- 7 medium asparagus spears, ends trimmed
- 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon of freshly grated parmesan
For the vinaigrette:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon of white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon of granulated white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- dash of salt
- In a skillet set to medium high heat, crisp the pancetta for 3-5 minutes. Once the pancetta is crispy (like bacon) remove from skillet, allow to cool, then chop into fine, crispy crumbles.
- In the same hot pan you used for the pancetta, roast the corn kernels in the skillet, using the rendered fat from the pancetta to coat and oil the kernels in the pan. Cook the corn kernels for 10-12 minutes only stirring a few times to allow the kernels to brown. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Prepare the asparagus ribbons by holding the base of the asparagus and using a vegetable peeler, apply light pressure and make long slices from base to tip. Repeat until all of the asparagus is made into ribbons.
- Prepare the white wine vinaigrette by combining olive oil, white wine vinegar, sugar, black pepper, and salt together in a small bowl and mix with a whisk or fork until throughly combined.
- In a medium sized bowl toss corn, asparagus ribbons, and quartered cherry tomatoes with the white wine vinaigrette until the vegetables are equally coated in the dressing. Sprinkle crumbled pancetta and freshly grated parmesan over the top and enjoy.
If the asparagus texture is fibrous and woody, peel the entire outside skin of the asparagus with your vegetable peeler before making ribbons.
This salad provides 2 full servings of vegetables.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 380
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 410 mg
- Fat: 27 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 23 g
- Carbohydrates: 30 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 11 g
- Cholesterol: 14 g