Did someone say red, white, and blueberry? The 4th of July is just days away and the warm summer weather feels like a magnetic force pulling me outside into the sunshine. In the kitchen over a hot oven or stove is the last place I want to be during this patriotic holiday! Am I right – who else is with me? For this 4th of July I am whipping up an easy, fun patriotic dessert parfait that requires only a bit of preparation and highlights scrumptious summer berries. This patriotic dessert parfait is semi-homemade and is the perfect last minute dessert if you need to whip up a sweet red, white, and blue treat in 20 minutes flat.
The beauty of this summer holiday is that juicy berries are right now in their peak season! And when your ingredients are at their freshest, juiciest, and sweetest, they don’t require a lot of dolling up to steal the show. Letting the delicious ingredients shine with this easy prep semi-homemade dessert means you get to spend less time in the kitchen and more time out by the pool. Just give your ingredients a quick chop, whip up some lemon zest cream, and assemble your ingredients for an easy patriotic dessert parfait. Grab a champagne or wine glass and let’s get our red, white, and blue on!
Enjoy this holiday with a festive patriotic dessert parfait! Shh, no one has to know it’s semi-homemade. Using store bought angel food cake saves you a ton of time and adds the perfect pop of delicious flavor and soft spongy texture. With an easy assembly and quick ingredient prep this 4th of July treat will be ready in no time.
Toast your champagne flute to our Independence Day and dig into your patriotic dessert parfait. It’s the sweetest way to celebrate.Print
Patriotic Dessert Parfait with Summer Berries & Lemon Whipped Cream
This semi-homemade patriotic dessert parfait is full of fresh summer berries, layered with angel food cake, and fresh lemon zest whipped cream. This easily assembled patriotic dessert parfait only takes 20 minutes to prepare and is perfect to serve in a champagne or wine glass.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 12-15 champagne flutes
- Category: Dessert
1 – 11oz container of blueberries, washed
1 pound container of strawberries, washed
1 store bought angel food cake
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- Wash and prepare the blueberries and strawberries, then make thin, even slices into the strawberries.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the angel food cake into 1/2 inch cubes (about the size of dice). When making your cuts, slowly drag the serrated knife through angel food cake and avoid applying too much pressure and squishing the cake.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together heavy whipping cream, sugar, and lemon zest until the cream firms up and creates soft peaks (10 minutes whisking by hand or 4-5 minutes with an electric hand mixer). Using a cold bowl and whisk helps form better whipped cream.
- Assemble the patriotic dessert parfaits into a champagne flute by first adding 1/8 cup blueberries, then 3 cubes of angel food cake, followed by 2 tablespoons of lemon zest whipped cream, then top with 1 medium sliced strawberry.
Each dessert parfait is equivalent to 1/2 serving of fruit.
If you are serving the dessert parfait in a wine glass, double the ingredients per glass.
These champagne flutes can be made ahead of time and can be stored for about 6 hours when covered and placed in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: One champagne flute (see step 4)
- Calories: 80
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 107mg
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 10mg