Patriotic Dessert Parfait with Summer Berries & Lemon Whipped Cream
This semi-homemade patriotic dessert parfait is full of fresh summer berries, layered with angel food cake, and fresh lemon zest whipped cream. This easily assembled patriotic dessert parfait only takes 20 minutes to prepare and is perfect to serve in a champagne or wine glass.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 12-15 champagne flutes
- Category: Dessert
1 – 11oz container of blueberries, washed
1 pound container of strawberries, washed
1 store bought angel food cake
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- Wash and prepare the blueberries and strawberries, then make thin, even slices into the strawberries.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the angel food cake into 1/2 inch cubes (about the size of dice). When making your cuts, slowly drag the serrated knife through angel food cake and avoid applying too much pressure and squishing the cake.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together heavy whipping cream, sugar, and lemon zest until the cream firms up and creates soft peaks (10 minutes whisking by hand or 4-5 minutes with an electric hand mixer). Using a cold bowl and whisk helps form better whipped cream.
- Assemble the patriotic dessert parfaits into a champagne flute by first adding 1/8 cup blueberries, then 3 cubes of angel food cake, followed by 2 tablespoons of lemon zest whipped cream, then top with 1 medium sliced strawberry.
Each dessert parfait is equivalent to 1/2 serving of fruit.
If you are serving the dessert parfait in a wine glass, double the ingredients per glass.
These champagne flutes can be made ahead of time and can be stored for about 6 hours when covered and placed in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: One champagne flute (see step 4)
- Calories: 80
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 107mg
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 10mg