Do you have any idea how easy cold brew coffee is to make? No, like seriously, it’s so easy! And deliciously smooth. While I am still editing photos and writing upcoming posts about my recent trip to France, I wanted to share this super easy drink recipe along with a few tips for making cold brew coffee at home – just as the weather starts heating up.
If you are someone who chills previously brewed hot coffee (faux cold brew), this recipe is for you. Refrigerating previously hot brewed coffee turns the coffee very bitter, which does not make for a delicious drink. Making cold brew coffee the right way lets you enjoy the coffee flavor nuances, with it’s rich and smooth taste. Yum!
Respect the coffee beans, follow the steps below, and never look back.
Cold Brew Coffee:
-3 Tablespoons Ground Coffee
-Cold/Room Temperature Water (enough to fill your mason jar)
Equipment & Tools:
-Mason Jar (12-16 oz)
-Kitchen String, 20 inches long
-1 Disposable Coffee Filter
Step 1: Gather and prep your ingredients
Step 2: Make your cold brew coffee pouch
This is key for my cold brew coffee method. You are essentially making a ‘coffee tea bag’, allowing the coffee grinds to seep in the water, slowly, just like a tea bag. Place the coffee grinds in the filter, gather the edges of the coffee filter and bring them together, slightly twisting the top of the filter.
Lastly, wrap the kitchen string tightly around the top of the coffee pouch, making sure no coffee grinds can escape. Keep a few extra inches of string loose when tying the kitchen string so you can easily fish out your coffee pouch from the jar later.
Step 2: Add water and cold brew pouch to the mason jar. Attach the lid and refrigerate for 12-24 hours.
This is where the magic happens. The longer you let the bag steep, the more intense the flavor will be. You can experiment with different steep times and the intensity of the coffee. The cold brew will keep for a few days after the cold brew pouch as been removed, so make a big batch and store it for later.
Take your cold brew game up a notch and click here for my Spiced Cold Brew Coffee recipe! I promise, it’s delicious.
Easy Cold Brew Coffee
Easy Cold Brew Coffee
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 12 hours
- Total Time: 12 hours 5 minutes
- Yield: 2-3 cups
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Steeping
- Cuisine: American
- 3 Tablespoons of ground coffee
- 12-16 oz Cold or room temperature water
- 12-16 oz Mason jar or container
- 1 Paper coffee filter
- 20 inches of kitchen string
- Place coffee grounds in the center of the paper coffee filter. Gather the top of the filter to make a pouch with the coffee grounds secure inside the pouch. Close the top of the pouch by tying the top of the pouch with kitchen string.
- Fill mason jar with water and place the tied coffee pouch in the jar, making sure it is submerged in the water.
- Put a lid on the jar and refrigerate for 12-24 hours. The longer the coffee steeps, the darker and richer the coffee flavor.
- Remove coffee pouch before you enjoy.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 1
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 3 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g
Keywords: easy cold brew coffee