I can’t even get over how incredibly easy this Semi-Homemade Pumpkin Pie Trifle recipe is! No baking involved, this pumpkin pie trifle looks so beautiful and is accompanied by a heavenly allspice whipped cream. All you need to do is deconstruct a store bought pumpkin pie and reconstruct it into a trifle and topped with homemade whipped cream. Genius, I know! The quick whip of a homemade spiced whipping cream makes this recipe feel like it’s not completely ‘right out of the box’ and adds so much flavor between the pie layers. This Semi-Homemade Pumpkin Trifle recipe is perfect for Friendsgiving or an easy and unique last minute dessert.
Let’s get our trifle on!
Everyone loves a fun dessert but no one needs to know how easy it was to make! For this semi-homemade pumpkin pie trifle, all you need to do is buy a pre-made pumpkin pie and separate the pie filling from the crust. Crumble the crust into small pieces and whip up some easy homemade allspice whipped cream and start your layers. Let me show you how!
Chef’s Note: Homemade whipped cream is ridiculously easy to whip up and is so much more flavorful than the store bought stuff. I like to whip mine up with an electric mixer but you can alway use a traditional hand and whisk! While plain whipped cream will always make me swoon, you can pump up the flavor by adding spices or extracts to the cream before mixing. Just add a little dash of something before mixing and you’ve got yourself a unique cream!
Dietitian’s Note: While you may not think a dessert like this would have some health benefits but think again! Pumpkin pies are made with pumpkin puree, which means real pumpkin (aka the good stuff). Pumpkin puree has some fiber and is also full of vitamin A, which helps our eyes and immune system. One slice of pumpkin pie gives you 91% of your daily need of Vitamin A, and that is something to celebrate! (Source)
Cocktail Pairing: Dessert and coffee go hand in hand, especially after a full Thanksgiving meal. For this dessert, I would highly recommend a Baileys coffee, which will give you the perfect creamy evening pick me up!
SHOP MY Pumpkin Pie Trifle RECIPE INGREDIENTS
– Amazon Affiliare Links –Print
Semi-Homemade Pumpkin Pie Trifle
Transform a store bought pumpkin pie into an incredibly easy and unique Thanksgiving dessert! Take the classic pumpkin pie and turn it into a trifle! Just deconstruct a slice of pumpkin pie and reconstruct it into a layers and top with homemade allspice whipped cream. Perfect for a Thanksgiving dessert bar or Friendsgiving.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Layering
- Cuisine: American
Store bought, ready-to-eat pumpkin pie
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Add the heavy whipping cream, sugar, and allspice to a large bowl and hand mix (about 10 minutes) with a whisk or an electric mixer (3-5 minutes) until the whipped cream forms. Set aside and keep chilled.
- Cut a slice from the ready-to-eat pumpkin pie, the size of the slice should match the size of your serving cup. Scoop out the pumpkin filling and set aside. Crumble the pie base and the crust with your hands, keeping the two in separate piles.
- Start building your pumpkin pie trifles. Your first layer will be a scoop of whipped cream, the next layer is the pumpkin pie bottom crust crumbles, then the pumpkin pie filling. Top with another layer of whipped cream and sprinkle the outer pie crust crumbles over the top. Enjoy!
Substitution: You can replace allspice with cinnamon if you would prefer.
The whipped cream makes 1 and 1/2 cups.
- Serving Size: 1/8 slice from of a 9'' pie with 3 tablespoons of whipped cream
- Calories: 379
- Sugar: 24g
- Sodium: 355mg
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 11g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
Keywords: unique pumpkin pie, pumpkin pie trifle, semi-homemade thanksgiving dessert, easy friendsgiving dessert